How To Setup The Canon EOS 4000D / REBEL T100 Camera (Camera Settings)

No comments

If you've bought yourself a Canon REBEL T100 or thinking about getting one, we present to you this article to avoid any confusion when setting up the camera.

We go through all the elements that need to be set up and all the aspects of the camera settings.

So let's get into our How To Setup The Canon EOS 4000D / REBEL T100 Camera (Camera Settings) article shall we?

How To Setup The Canon EOS 4000D:

Canon EOS 4000D / REBEL T100 Camera

Setting Up The Battery:

Of course, the first thing to do is to install the battery. At the bottom of the camera is the battery cover, which is also the card cover. If you purchased the camera from a registered dealer, you will receive an original Canon battery. Other third-party cameras are available, but it's always a good idea to use the correct Canon battery. With the Canon logo on one side, it has an arrow, which helpfully indicates how to install the battery in the camera. The battery is designed to work only one way, so if you feel like you are pushing the battery, it's probably the wrong way.

If you need good quality batteries for your camera. You can get them here on Amazon:

Buy It From Amazon

Setting Up The Memory Card:

The memory card slot is also there. And like a battery socket, the card socket will only take the card one way. I tend to use SanDisk memory cards, and many professional photographers I know tend to think SanDisk a lot. There are three reasons for this, firstly, they are hard to wear cards, and secondly, they often give you software to recover files if something goes wrong with the card. Finally, they will guarantee the card for life, which is really useful. However, this is only the secure card so if you have a lot of files or photos and the card is broken or not working properly and the program will not recover it for you and you have to do it, send it away from Sandisk all you get is a new card - it won't get it back Your photos. So you should have a place to keep your files - your photos and videos - like an external hard drive or a computer.

If you need good quality memory cards with great pricing. You can get them here on Amazon:

SanDisk 128Gb: Buy It From Amazon

KEPLE (16Gb, 32Gb, 64Gb or 128Gb): Buy It From Amazon

Canon EOS 4000D Memroy Card

Technical Setup:

To position the lens, you need to match the white square of the lens and the camera, if it is an EF-S lens, or the red dots, if it is an EF-S lens. 'an EF lens. Then roll it clockwise. When changing the lens, always place the camera face down so that dust and dirt do not fall accidentally.

You can now turn on the camera. There is no real on switch, just an off switch. At this point, it's a good idea to manually move the mode dial to M, as this gives you the ability to see whatever is available in the menus. You can access the menus by pressing and navigating the menu button on the back of the camera using the cross keys here or the turntable on top of the Canon EOS 4000D. You confirm your selection by pressing the adjustment button in the middle of the crossed out keys.

canon eos 4000D camera lens

The first option that appears when launching the camera is the option to change the time and date. You can do this with the cross keyboard. Now the other option you might want to look at is also in setup menu 3 and is called this language. There is an unlimited number of languages ​​you can choose from and once again the cross keys are used to set your choice.

The next option is image size, and it's clear that with a camera like this you want really good image size and very good image quality because that should be one reasons for purchasing the camera. So if I go to the Photography 1 menu the highest option is Image Quality and I will choose Quadrant and Big L as that represents the best image quality and the best compression quality.

Sometimes when it works, the LCD screen will turn off automatically. It helps you save battery life, but it can be really annoying. To restart the camera, press the View button. To change this function go to the Auto Power Off option, which is found in the Setup 1 menu. Here you can extend it up to 15 minutes or even turn it off completely, but I suggest you extend it to a minute.

In order not to take pictures without the memory card in the camera, there is a setting in the shooting menu 1 called Shutter release without card that should be set to Off.

Above the list there is a beep. Beep is the sound made by the camera when focusing. It might sound like a lot of help, but after about five minutes it's pretty boring, so I'm going to turn it off.

The other thing that you need to do that is really important is to format the card. Go to configuration menu 1. The third option down is Format card. If you just put a new card in the camera, you will need to format it just to make sure the card and camera are formatted correctly to work together. But you can also format the card after downloading all your images or if there is some read / write problem with the card. But it is also not a good option for occasional use because when you format the card you lose everything on it, even the photos you think you have protected.

Finally, I'm going to go to setup menu 3 and take a look at the copyright information here and I'm going to enter my name. It's a bit awkward, but I think it's worth it because every photo or video you take will have your name attached as the copyright holder and maybe even more important if your camera gets stolen. at any time, you will be able to recognize the camera because it will be your name. Thieves rarely bother to go this deep into camera settings, and those are the basic settings of the Canon EOS 4000D or Rebel T100.

If you'd like a Canon EOS 4000D with a price cheaper than you'd find in stores. You can get it here from Amazon with the full package you see in the picture for just 499$ (412€):

Canon EOS 4000D Full Package

Buy It Now From Amazon

If you still have some confusion on the subject you can check it out this article: https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/getting-started-with-canon-eos-4000d.html

You can also watch this video:

This was our "How To Setup The Canon EOS 4000D / REBEL T100 Camera (Camera Settings)" article for you. I hope you enjoyed! Don't forget to leave us your question down below in the comments. We would love to hear from you.

No comments

Post a Comment